Reflections on the Teacher’s Blogging Challenge

Well, the Blogging Challenge is over and it has been a busy time reflecting on ways to improve my blog, completing the challenges and reading and commenting on new blogs. To keep tabs on all the new members of my personal learning network, I am dedicating this post to them:

Penny Bently – Cloud 9  – Penny is a fellow maths and science teacher active on Twitter, Flickr and Facebook.

Lois Smethurst – My ICT Journey – Primary Teacher Leading Teacher for ICT, Masters of Information Technology in Education, Teacher Professional Leave investigating IWBs, pedagogy and coaching, Intel Master Trainer, host of R U Connected and much more….

Yvonne Osborne – Visual Arts at Taylor’s Lakes Primary School – Creative and artistic blogger from Melbourne, Victoria.

Jeff Trevaskis (Mr T.)  – Webmaths – where Mathematics is tastier than pavlova (in northern Victoria).

Kay McGriff – Mrs. McGriff’s Reading Blog – Language, poetry and reading.

Theresa Allen – CSRN Technology – Technology teacher and coordinator for the Cathedral of St. Raymond School in Joliet, IL.

Miss Kay Tea – Miss T’s Reflections – A primary teacher from New Zealand with 36 years experience.

Christy Berry – BerryArt – A creative and connected art teacher who mixes art and reading.

Malyn Mawby  – Love2Learn – An active and engaging writer also on Twitter at @malynmawby

Laurie Fowler – Fresh Fowlers – An  asst professor at the University of West Alabama who teaches technology to pre-service and in-service teachers.

Jodi Woodward – I’m Still Learning – Great blog for tools in primary classes @Jodiwoo on Twitter

Lydia Schultz – Book Frontiers – An active school librarian and past English teacher on Twitter at @librarylady90

Tracey – Mrs S Online – Active and creative blogger with great “how-to’s”.

Jee Young – Teach to Inspire – An international educator teaching in Seoul

Anna Bring – Teaching Swedish – A swedish/maths/special needs teacher working in Norway (@anna_bring)

Mr. Carson – Learning With Mr D Carson – A thoughtful writer with links to all his Year 7 student blogs

Janelle Wilson – Stretching Forward – A middle years science teacher with a special interest in Space

Glenda Morris – The Groovy Librarian  – A teacher/librarian at an all-girls school in Melbourne, Victoria.

Nancy C. – Teaching is Elementary – A blog for teachers, parents and those interested in using technology in education.

Mrs D. Krebs – Dare to Care – A conversation about 21st century skills

Carol Satta – WCS Library – Library blog to encourage reading at Webster Bible Church and Webster Christian School

Michael – A Relief Teacher’s Journey – West Australian primary teacher with great enthusiasm for blogging.

Kim Lepre – Edquests – Great new blogger with lots of excellent links to tools and prestigous blogroll

These are the dedicated teachers who participated in the blogging challenge, wrote wonderful reflective posts and who I visited and left comments to. I hope I can continue to connect with passionate educators like this, who go the extra distance to improve their practise and share their work, their thinking and their learning. I’ve tried to mention you all, but I will keep adding as I find you all again!

9 comments

1. Nancy C

Hey Britt – Thanks for the mention! I am bookmarking this in my Diigo so I can go back and check on everyone! I do have many in my Reader but I don’t want to miss out. (I think I’ll make a list in my Twitter too!) It was a great challenge not only because we learned so much but for all the connections we made!

2. Christy Berry

Britt,

Thanks for the kind words and mention. I enjoyed the blogging challenge and now a little sad that it is over. I have added you to my reader so I can keep up with your wonderful ideas.

-Mrs. Berry

3. Malyn

Thanks – I’m honoured to be part of your PLN and I’m so glad you’re part of mine. You were such an inspiration for me throughout the #ksyb challenge. I look forward to the continued conversations and learning.

cheers,
    Malyn

4. Penny Bentley

Hi Britt
    one of the best outcomes of the Teacher Challenge has been the connections I’ve made with inspiring educators, like yourself. Thank’s for your rich posts, your motivating comments and all of your amazing photos. Also…thank you for the mention in this post.
    I look forward to reading your posts and being part of the ongoing conversation about education.

5. Janelle Wilson

Thanks for the great reflections, Britt. I think there are a few blogs here I missed somehow during the challenge. The Teacher Challenge was such a great experience for me, and I am so glad I was able to interact with you during it.

Now to get my students ready for the student challenge! I’m working on it with the gifted language arts teacher as well. I think it will be fun.

6. mswoodward

Dear Britt,

I have loved the Teacher Blogging Challenge and discovering all the excellent and dedicated teachers out there. So many fantastic blogs and ideas. Many many thanks for all your support and for mentioning me on this post. I am in some very fine company indeed. I look forward to increasing my PLN, continuing to learn and reading your future posts.

Kind regards

Jodi

7. murch

Great idea, Britt. This way you will always be able to keep tabs of them all. I have added many of them to a list in twitter and called them ksyb so I recognize them there as well.

8. Mrs S

Thanks for the mention and what a great way to round off the Teacher Challenge posts. I have met so many new, inspiring teachers with my decision to be involved with the Teacher Challenge.

Post a comment

You may use the following HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>